My name is Luke M. Perez. I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Civic and Economic Thought and Leadership at Arizona State.
This microblog is a mix of personal and professional sharing. Mostly personal. Currently, I am working on a book manuscript, tentatively titled Liberating Faith: American Grand Strategy and the Origins of International Religious Freedom. More on that later.
I’ve published a few times (nothing special), but you can find them here:
- “International Religious Freedom in the Biden Administration”, January 13, 2021
- “A Brief Reflection on Sedition and Reconciliation”, January 12, 2021
- “Jacksonians, Progressives, & America’s Anti-Theology”, Providence Journal, April 24, 2018
- “The Destruction of Alderaan Was Not Justified”, Duck of Minerva November 3, 2015
- “Blindside–U.S. Foreign Policy”, RealClearPolitics October 13, 2015
For more information about my professional work, visit my website. You can also find me on Twitter, or can see what I have been reading on Pinboard, a terrific bookmarking service. (Nb. I don’t use Pinboard as much as I should given how much I read, but I do like it.)